Winegard Direct is the leading manufacturer of HDTV over-the-air antennas. Building on our 50 plus year antenna design and manufacturing heritage, we have developed the highest quality, cutting-edge technology antennas for free uncompressed HDTV and digital reception. Winegard proudly manufactures all of our antennas in the U.S.A.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Indoor antenna near an airport

Question:

I live within 10-15 miles of Chicago's O'Hare Airport and continually lose the signal due to incoming and outbound aircraft flying overhead. I do not want an outdoor antenna as I like my Winegard SS-3000. I wanted to know if there is a filter or some device that would stop this interference, or is there a specific position for the antenna that will improve reception?

Tech Tip:

I am sorry to say this problem is caused by the airplanes breaking up your signal path and there is no type of filter made to solve this problem. You might try setting the antenna closer to your window to see if you can receive a stronger signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment