Winegard Direct is the leading manufacturer of HDTV over-the-air antennas. Building on our 50 plus year antenna design and manufacturing heritage, we have developed the highest quality, cutting-edge technology antennas for free uncompressed HDTV and digital reception. Winegard proudly manufactures all of our antennas in the U.S.A.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

How many cables should I run?

Question:

I have a satellite system & an Off-Air rooftop antenna for the local channels. They run into a combiner so there is only 1 coax going into the house. I would like to add a preamp to my amplified antenna. Is my current setup ok, or should I run a separate coax into the house for the antenna?

Tech Tip:

You will need to run a separate TV antenna line into the house. The satellite receiver most likely will not have enough current available to power both the LNB’s at the satellite antenna and a preamplifier/amplified antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment