Winegard Direct is the leading manufacturer of HDTV over-the-air antennas. Building on our 50 plus year antenna design and manufacturing heritage, we have developed the highest quality, cutting-edge technology antennas for free uncompressed HDTV and digital reception. Winegard proudly manufactures all of our antennas in the U.S.A.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AP amplifiers - Are they digital?

Question:

I was wondering if the Winegard AP series of amplifiers are capable of amplifying digital signals.

Tech Tip:

Yes the AP-series of preamplifiers will help your digital signal. If you are running 1 to 3 TV sets then use the AP-8700 if you are running 4 or more TV sets use the AP-8275.

1 comment:

  1. I have 4 TV's connected. Only two are in use simultaneously. I'm 35 Miles from most of the TV sources in Los Angeles, CA. My rooftop Antenna receives all the available stations except 3 which are intermitant 20% of the time at about 55 to 60% signal strength. The rest of the stations are between 75% nd 85%. I've purchased a Winegard 8275 hoping to boost the signal. However, when I connect it to the antenna I get absolutely no signal at all. I've checked the cable continuity I lused for the PreAmp connection and it's OK. What can the problem be?

    ReplyDelete